Monday, January 10, 2011

UNIQUE (NOT)..!!

I
often have a different point of view from most people. I also often think differently. When people think this way, I often think that way. But I never do that in a bid to be different from anyone else. I do not do that just to get attention and act like I am special because I am different. I mean, why would I anyway?

I know someone who tries sooooo hard to be different. Acts differently, tells stupid lies, living in his own drama, in the hope of being unique and get people's attention. I don't mean to be rude, but in my eyes, his efforts are pointless. It appears to me like he wants to be unique so bad. What really sad about him is that people are now laughing at him because of what he's done to make him unique. He is so wrong, as wrong as wearing Lady Gaga's weird costume in the middle of a public swimming pool. (Okay, that is super irrelevant, I know. But still, you know what I mean, rite!)


I admit that I used to force myself to be unique. But it was so many years ago, it was when I was still in elementary school, okay. Not anymore now, not when I am already 19.

I believe that every single person in this world is unique. We have something that is different from anyone else, besides fingerprints, of course. I mean, something else, something within us. And that is our original personality. We don't have to try so hard to make people think that we are unique, because we already are.


The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.
~ Walt Disney ~

Nature never repeats herself, and the possibilities of one human soul will never be found in another.
~ Elizabeth Cady Stanton ~


Many people might get offended by reading this post. If you (yes, you) do, don't get it wrong, I am writing this not to attack you virtually, but I just want you to stop making a fool out of yourself. I want you to realize that people are now laughing at you behind your back because of what you have done to be unique. I want you to know that being yourself is unique, being yourself is different, and being yourself is more amazing than being someone else.

Last sentence, Leave Lady Gaga alone!









CLICK HERE TO SHARE THIS POST TO FACEBOOK

Reactions:

No comments: