Saturday, September 25, 2010

AGAINST THE MAJORITY..!!

As I grow old, I realize that humans are easily influenced by their surroundings. Most of them are even easily affected and provoked by others. How many of us have been provoked? How many of us realized that you have been influenced but you just let it happen? How many of us would embarrassingly admit that you just follow others opinion just because you are afraid to be alienated for being different?

Last night I had a dream. In my dream, I were set up by someone, so I had to do a bad thing. Then that bitch provoked everybody, including my bestfriends. Then everyone started to hate me and alienated me. They hated me not because they saw what I did or why I did that thing. They hated me because someone provoked them and because others hated me.

Yes. Realize it or not, admit it or not, I'm sure that many of us have been doing, agreed to do and following what people do just because we are afraid of being different. We don't wanna be against the majority, and we are afraid of being a part of minority. Face it.

Let's get some examples. Justin Bieber, a young controversial singer from Canada....

photo credit: www.popcrunch.com

Or I probably should use a better pic.....


As we all already know. Many people hate him. People think he's disgusting and he doesn't deserve to be a celebrity. People easily and ignorantly think he can't sing. His songs are so not "undisgusting" enough to be listened to.

And I've started to wonder.

How many of us would embarrassingly admit (again) that eventhough we hate Justin Bieber, no matter how often we've insulted him on the internet, we just couldn't stop singing, "Owuowuowuooooo... baby baby baby ooohh.. like baby baby baby oooh... " in our head after "accidentally" hearing his song?
I would!

How many of us would embarrassingly admit (again) that we got his song stuck in our head for I don't know, maybe like 1 hour after "accidentally" hearing his song?
I would!

How many of us would embarrassingly admit (again) that we downloaded his song? Or even bought his album?
I would! Well, I downloaded some of his songs!

How many of us would embarrassingly admit (again) that no matter how hard we've tried, we just can't be as popular as him? We just can't have Usher checking out our videos of us singing and playing guitar when we were 10 years old, on Youtube?
I would!

How many of us would embarrassingly admit (again) that we can't have millions of girls (and some boys) all over the world to be our fans?
I would!

How many of us would embarrassingly admit (again) that we can't make Katy Perry, Kim Kardashan, and Rihanna kissing our cheeks, just like he can?
I would!

I am NOT taking sides. And I am NOT a belieber (is that what Justin Bieber's fan called?). I just don't get people who dislike him and insult him and his songs in front of people, but actually can't stop singing his song.
And I totally don't get people who dislike him just because many people dislike him.
C'mon!

I think, you've gotta start hating something because YOU, yourself, hate it. Not because people hate it.
I think, you've gotta start loving something because YOU, yourself, love it. Not because people love it.


And not to forget, this kind of things also happen to Kangen Band, another so-called "alay" band from Indonesia...


Call them alay.
Say their songs are disgusting.
Say they can't make good songs.

When they sing their song, people probably would directly switch off the TV. But if another handsome and pretty singers sang their songs, people probably would go like, "OMG!! HE/SHE SINGS IT SO WELL!! THAT SONG GIVES ME GOOSEBUMPS!"
In fact, that pretty and handsome singers probably wouldn't sing better than Kangen Band.

Before even listening to their song, when someone tell them that it's Kangen Band's song, they would go like, "Euwhhh!!". Even before listening to the song.
Each and every one of people has the same exact reasons why they dislike this band. "They are alays. They are disgusting. They know nothing about music."
Does this mean that each and every one of people is influenced by one to another? Just because the majority says this band is disgusting, then everyone also thinks this band is disgusting.

I think this made people nowadays get even more objective in judging things. It's all "What other people think is what I think."




In the end, how many of us would embarrassingly admit (again) that we are "a little bit" jealous of them?
Weeeeeeeeeeelll... I wouldn't say I am jealous.. But... But.... But............. But....................................
Face it!

CLICK HERE TO SHARE THIS POST TO FACEBOOK

Reactions:

2 comments:

Elvina Febriani said...

baby baby baby ouhhh baby baby baby noouhhh.. d first pic of justin bieber is hillarious

Andreas Winfrey said...

hahaha i knooow!! :)